Jan Smuts is a foremost political figure in South African 20th Century History.
Recognised by two of the world’s leading historians as being at the centre of the vision for a new world order.
Which emerged from the League of Nations and the United Nations.
- “Few actually understand how key Smuts is in the crafting of the world systems that emerges outside of South Africa – Keith Breckenridge (Economic History Professor)
- “He was one of the most enlightened, courageous, and noble-minded men of the 20th century.”
- “A man who fought for his country but who thought for the whole world” – Winston Churchill.
- “No politician in England has combined his sweep, his detachment, and his subtlety” – Manchester Guardian.
- “This was a great leader, he was a man who knew his story, he was a man who was a brilliant intellectual.” Ken Gillings (Military Historian).
- “Even the great thought he was great”…. Alan Paton
- “It was his vision that the whole is more important than the solitary or the individual.” Allister Sparks (Author and Political Commentator).
- “He is one of the few great men in international politics.”…..South Wales Argus.
This one hour drama-documentary looks back on his life and the circumstances that shaped it in search of some answers.
With very best wishes,